Monday, October 6, 2008

The beginning…

Most of today was spent reading others’ blogs, and wrestling with the idea of blogging myself. There were two blog posts that pushed me over the edge into the world of blogging both of which were written by the Moderator of the 218 General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church USA, Bruce Reyes-Chow, Three Ways to Stay Connected. And the one that took it over the top was Blogging as Spiritual Discipline and Pastoral Practice. Both of these posts have given me the urge to begin in this whole blogging thing. After reading the Reyes-Chow’s post about making blogging a spiritual discipline and a pastoral practice, I was convicted to use this blog a place for reflection and a time for introspective looks at my life, God’s Word, and the world around me.


So here I am blogging… not really sure what will come of this and not sure if anyone will ever read it, nor am I worried. So here is a little about me… I am currently a seminary student at Columbia Theological Seminary in Decatur, GA. I previously worked as a Youth Director in two different churches in East Tennessee. Those who actually read this blog will begin to get glimpse into my life and learn more about me as we go!

No comments: