Monday, October 20, 2008

and the procrastination begins


So this week is reading week at school, and the only major thing I have to do this week is an Old Testament Mid-Term. I have tried my hardest to spend time studying for this exam but I have found it difficult to force myself to study. I have never been real good at studying, in fact in college, I spent a whooping three total hours studying for my comprehensive exams. This is compared to my roommate who studied every night for two to three hours from the beginning of the semester until the day of the his comps. And the even more frustrating part, from my roommates perspective and some others in my major, I actually did well on my comps (I believe I got a B). So I really have no drive to study hard. I have been able to coast through school, as my mother loves to remind me.

It is funny the things I do in order to procrastinate from studying... I have made the efforts to go to the library, and attempt to look over my notes, this is generally interrupted by a passing friend or the urge to play games online, and read several different news papers online! I have even stooped to reading materials for other classes.

A new friend of mine, who also shares in the joy of being a procrastinator, calls it the walk and sprint model. You walk, do the minimal amount of work in the day to day part of school, then as major events; tests, papers, presentations, sermons, loom on the horizon you wait until the last possible moment to begin. And just like sprinting to the end of a race, you finish, exhausted and regretting not pacing yourself.

So here I sit, writing a blog entry, thinking about studying, watching the time fly by.

No comments: