Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm a Georgia Voter...

... and I have the sticker and FREE Starbucks to prove it!

I was a little nervous voting in this election, since this is the first time I have voted in a presidential election. But it was pretty painless. I was also a little nervous about how long the lines would be and how much of my day would be spent in line waiting to cast my ballot. The previous election I voted in, I had to drive back to Memphis to vote because I could not get an absentee ballot. So I drove the 5 1/2 hours from Knoxville to Memphis, stood in line for something like 3 hours to vote, which took me a grand total of 10 minuets. This year I was able to vote in Decatur and it took less then 30 minutes to get through the line to vote. So all is well, and all need to vote!

I was excited about the free Starbucks deal! How can you pass that up... FREE COFFEE!! Whatever it takes to get people out to the polls, I am all for.

No comments: